- This website is owned and operated by Allin Towbars Pty. Ltd. as trustee for the Allin Towbars Unit Trust (ABN 34 655 051 962), referred to in this policy as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’.
- By using our website, you agree to be bound by this policy.
- ‘Personal Information’ means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- This policy explains our approach to dealing with your Personal Information, including how we collect, hold, manage and use your Personal Information when you use our website.
- We may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website and it will be binding on you and us from the date it is posted on our website.
- We will collect and hold your Personal Information as required the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth). This policy applies to all Personal Information we hold.
- By using our website, you consent to us using your Personal Information for any of the purposes set out in this policy.
Why and how do we collect Personal Information?
- We collect and hold your Personal Information to the extent that the collection and holding of that information is reasonably necessary for us to deliver services through our website.
- We will generally collect your Personal Information directly through your use of our website, including when you place an order or create a user account (if applicable).
- We may also collect your Personal Information through email or written communication with you.
What Personal Information do we collect?
- We may collect and hold many types of Personal Information about you, including your name, your billing and delivery addresses, your telephone number and your email address. We may collect any other types of Personal Information about you that are necessary or desirable for us to provide goods or services to you.
- If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- By accessing our website, we may collect additional data (including details of your location and how you use our website) through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies. This information will allow us to provide the services through our website, additional information regarding our services and to enhance our website.
How we use your Personal Information
- We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for purposes associated with conducting our business activities, providing our services through our website you request, marketing and promotional efforts and to improve our content and service offerings. This includes facilitating transactions between us, monitoring your use of our website, improving the quality of our service, administrative purposes, statistical analysis of the usage of our website, and complying with the law, including privacy legislation.
- Occasionally, we may also use your Personal Information to notify you about important changes to the services we provide through our website. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers.
Retention and destruction of your Personal Information
- We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed for us to deliver goods and services to you. After this time, we will retain your Personal Information for no longer than 10 years or for any period that it is necessary for us to retain your Personal Information by law.
- We will endeavour to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised interference (including access or disclosure) during any retention period.
- After any retention period, we will ensure the timely and secure destruction and/or disposal of your Personal Information in compliance with the law.
- If at any other time you request we destroy and/or dispose of your Personal Information, we will comply with your request in a timely matter to the extent that we are not otherwise required to retain your Personal Information by law. We will not be liable for any disruption or interference to our provision of goods or services to you as a result of your request for us to destroy or dispose of your Personal Information.
Informing you of a Data Breach
- A ‘Data Breach’ will occur if there has been unauthorised interference with your Personal Information.
- If there is a Data Breach, we will determine if the Data Breach is likely to cause you serious harm and, if so, we will take whatever steps are reasonably available to us to prevent or minimise the harm.
- If we are unable to prevent serious harm from occurring, we will notify the relevant reporting body of the Data Breach.
- To the extent required by law, or otherwise at our discretion, we will contact you directly if there has been, or we suspect there has been, a Data Breach that is likely to cause you serious harm.
- If you have given us your express consent to provide you with direct marketing communications, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with that consent to enable us (or as the case may be those third party individuals and organisations) to provide you information about, and offer to you, goods and services.
- If you give us consent to provide you with direct marketing communications, you can later request not to receive direct marketing communications. You may also request that we do not provide your Personal Information to any of our third party providers in order for them to provide you with direct marketing communications.
Disclosure to third parties
- We may share de-identified data in aggregated form with third parties. Personally identifiable information or business information will not be shared with third parties except as required by law or where you have given us your express consent to do so.
- We may need to provide your Personal Information to third parties who we engage to assist us to provide goods and services to you. Where your Personal Information are disclosed to these third parties, they will only be authorised to use your Personal Information for the purpose that we supplied it to them.
- We reserve the right to disclose any Personal Information which identifies you as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us in relation to our website.
Cookies and data activity
- Sometimes information that you upload is provided with associated metadata. If you do not want us to use the metadata, you must remove it before uploading it onto our website.
- We may collect data that is associated with your visit, including the pages you visit, the activities you do and the purchases you make. We may also collect information relating to your mobile phone or other device used to access our website. This may include the device type, the browser, location and IP address. We may collect, use, store and disclose this information in any of the ways set out in this policy.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites, applications and tools that are owned, controlled or operated by us. We are not responsible for the practices employed by applications linked to or from our website or the information or content contained on them.
How to amend or access your Personal Information
- Please contact us if you want to find out what Personal Information we hold about you, or if believe the Personal Information we hold is inaccurate, outdated or incomplete.
- If you want to make a complaint about a breach of any privacy laws or codes that apply to us, please contact us as soon as possible. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 10 business days. If you are not happy with our response, you may complain directly to the Australian Privacy Commissioner.